Prof. Dr. Engin Çakar
Prof. Dr. Engin ÇAKAR was born in 1975. Çakar, graduated from the Gülhane Military Medical Academy in 1999 and completed his specialty education of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation in 2005. Çakar completed Master of Science in Electrodiagnostic Neurology in Marmara University and has taken the title of Specialist in the area of Algology in 2011.
Prof. Dr. Engin ÇAKAR, has more than 20 years of experience in the rehabilitation of Stroke and Brain Injury. He continues his profession as the Chair of Stroke and Brain Injury Robotic Rehabilitation Center at Şişli Memorial Hospital.
Prof. Dr. Engin Çakar has more than 15 years of experience in the areas of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, Algology and Electrodiagnostic Neurology.
Memorial Şişli Hospital
Medipol Mega University Hospital
2012 – 2016
GATA Haydarpaşa Training Hospital
2002 – 2012
Areas of Specialty
Treatment of Pain
He has completed his medical faculty education in Gulhane Military Medical Academy in 1999.
He has completed his medical specialty education in GATA Haydarpaşa Training Hospital.
He has completed his master’s degree in Electrodiagnostic Neurology at Marmara University Health Sciences Institute.
He has written his master thesis by using the methods of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS, stimulation of brain with magnetic field) with EMG. In his thesis, he has worked on the treatment of stroke via brain stimulation with magnetic field.
He has also had education on TMS and stimulation with direct Transcranial current- TDCS (stimulation of brain with magnetic field and direct current) in Harvard University in USA.
- “Criteria of choice in prepared orthesis- Upper extremity and vertebra.” 7th National Conference of Prosthetics-Orthotics with International Participation” (Istanbul,2009).
- “Stroke and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation”. Days of Prof. Dr. Aziz Sevütekin- Symposium of Stroke and Its Rehabilitation (Ankara, 2010).
- “A new approach in Neurorehabilitation: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation and Stroke”. Turkish Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, monthly scientific meeting (March 2010).
- “Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation”. The 23rd National Congress of Medicine and Rehabilitation (Antalya,2011).
- “Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation-Stroke-Ask Your Specialist”. The 24th National Congress of Medicine and Rehabilitation (Antalya,2013).
- “Brain Stimulation and Pain-Workshop”. International Spinal Cord Society 52. Annual Meeting (İstanbul, 2013).
- “Stroke and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, the Symposium of Stroke and Its Rehabilitation” (Istanbul, 2014).
- “Non-Invasive Stimulation in Neurorehabilitation-TMS and TDCS”. The 25th National Congress of Medicine and Rehabilitation (Antalya, 2015).
- “Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation” The 26th National Congress of Medicine and Rehabilitation (Antalya, 2017).